Youth baseball should be about challenging and developing players to maximize their potential.
Ralph Bonelli has oversight over all player development as director of all internal and external training programs. Through years of experience, both coaching and playing, Ralph was an accomplished pitcher at Herrick's High School (86-90) All County, All Long Island and Daily News All Star. He continued on to play amateur baseball for the Long Island Tigers and Bayside Yankees (which he is still in the Bayside record books). He was a ful scholarship recruit at Iona College (90-94), 2 time all MAAC, 2 time all collegiate New York State and team captain. His professional career included 2 years in the frontier league in which he lead the league in ERA and 1 year in the Texas Louisiana league.
As with any sport, being physically fit and healthy is as imprtant as the sport itself. Angelo Marsella is our Director of Sports Medicine who has been a certified Athletic Trainer for the past 17 years. He also has his US Weightlifting Association certification for the past 10 years. Angelo will lead, organize or opine on all areas of fitness across the club.
The Redmen organization will also partner with other professional baseball trainers to help complement and enhance our internal programs. This includes, but is not limited to, utilizing hitting video analysis in our training sessions to focus on the specific need of each player.
We ask our players to commit to us and the program for a full year. This allows us to develop a rapport with each player through training, games and tournaments. A typical year will run from the fall through the following year’s summer season. A breakdown of a typically year is as follows:
- Fall Season – Start of the Redmen baseball year. The season will run in September and October and will consist of league play and/or tournaments.
- Off Season – During our off season in November and December, we do not do any baseball related activity. Each team will choose a workout program to run for a 6-8. week period in a strength, speed and agility discipline. Our goal here is to give the boys arms a rest for two months, step away from the game and focus on becoming overall stronger and faster.
- Winter Training – Winter training will take place from January – March. Our training program is professionally led and focuses on all aspects of baseball including position specific drills and programs. We also continue with modified disciplines in speed and agility.
- Spring Season – Will run from April – May. Spring will include league play as well as tournaments.
- Summer Season - Will run from June – August. Summer will include league play as well as tournaments.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the club or our program.